Monday, March 5, 2012

AWP 2012!

I have been slacking on posting here due to preparing for the AWP (Association of Writers and Publishers) in Chicago.  Now that it's over I may have more time to breathe.  It took place this past weekend and was a good time.  At our table Ivy (my sister and the Editor) and I had our journal, some homemade fudge, stickers and the mini notebooks.  We were barraged by hipsters, awkward closet poets, professors, players, you name it.  With 10,000 people there, it was kind of hectic and stressful with higher stakes than last year.  I even made a frikkin clipboard for this.  Talk about anal.




I was lucky enough to be traveling with Ivy, who is at this point the best person I have found to travel with yet.  And we stayed with old friends in Chicago who were great to see.  The conference was fun, but I am still happy to get back to my normal life. 

On another note, I did manage to squeeze in a visit to both the Art Institute of Chicago Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago.  Stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment