Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Boston MFA This Past Monday

It seems that every time I go to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts there's an area where an exhibit is in transition.  Here you can see that the Gund Gallery in the basement is transitioning from whatever was hanging before (the last exhibit I saw down there was Chihuly) to the next big thing.  Still, I love these moments of somewhat glaring awkwardness and change.  It's like catching someone with their pants down.  Part of my favorite part of going to an art museum is to seek these out.

How pretty.


Huge room installation!

Here is another part of the museum that has artwork almost on the move.  Don't you want to know what's going on in there?



In all seriousness, the museum is great and has doubled in size over the past year or two.  I was quite taken with Rodin's sculpture of a crouching woman this visit, particularly how the hands are rendered. 


Auguste Rodin, Crouching Woman


I've always been of the opinion that the execution of faces and hands is a telling way to judge an artist's ability.  These ones were pretty good too, particularly the top one.



The museum visit was a success.  Since then I wasn't able to sit down and dink around with my art supplies myself until today.
Ending here with a quick piece for hump day.


No comments:

Post a Comment